Most pet owners love to have their pets sleeping right at their feet. But this option is not always feasible. There might be times when you want your precious furry mate to retreat to a place of his own.
This is why a bed for your dog is absolutely necessary. If you have cared for dogs for a few years you soon come to realize that there is no such thing as a truly durable dog bed that will last it’s 12+ years lifetime wear and tear.
However, there are nowadays many different types of more durable bedding available in the marketplace nowadays, so your investment will definitely last them a few years before they need replacing.
Some of the most popular types include –
1. Memory Foam Dog Beds – These types of beds are similar to the mattresses which are used by us. Genuine memory foam beds do not sag from use and can be a bit more expensive as compared to other types of beds.
But it is better to pay a price for a quality product than go for something that is cheap and worth using only a couple of times. There are various memory foam beds available at popular outlets offline and online.
If you are intending to purchase a genuine memory foam pet bed, then you will find many bestselling products at online marketplaces like Amazon.
2. Durable Dog Beds – Are you on the lookout for durable beds which are easy-to-clean, comfortable and worth every penny? The best durable dog beds are made out of nylon or microfiber which are resistant to tears, snags and stains.
3. Heated Dog Beds – If you have a smaller breed, then a heated dog bed will come handy for you. Heated pet beds offer a warm place where your cherished pooch can snuggle up and relax without letting the cold get to him. Such beds also tend to be therapeutic and can help pets with achy joints.
Even though heated beds are suitable for all breeds, it is more suitable for weak or tiny dogs that cannot take the cold weather. Heated pet beds are safe to use but it is always best to read through the safety tips in the instruction manual.
4. Cooling Dog Beds – Such a type of bed is perfect for the hot sunny season! You might have noticed your pet lying on the cool floor of your home after a heavy duty exercise outside in your garden. A cooling pet bed has the same effect and can help your dog to chill out and relax during summer.
Cooling dog beds are generally made of plastic and are filled with a cooling gel. This type of bed is best for dogs whose body tends to overheat – for example, bulldogs.
5. Travel Dog Beds – Are you someone who loves traveling with your dog? The benefit of buying a travel bed is that you can fold and roll them up pretty easily and fit them in your bag with no hassle. A must-have item for travelers who love to visit places with their furry friends!
These are only some of the durable beds which are highly popular nowadays. Apart from these, there are also a variety of pet beds which are different in shape and structure.
Some of the other popular varieties include a donut shaped bed, orthopedic beds, covered beds and kennel beds. Select one according to your requirement and you are all set to create a new comfort zone for your dog.
Your dog should always have somewhere comfortable to sleep at night and rest during the day. Preferably something cool like a trampoline bed or cooling bed in summer, and a cosy warm bed in winter.
Comfort is important and becomes more important as your dog gets older and starts to suffer from arthritis and general aching old bones and muscles.
A good quality bed will also have features like being able to remove the covers for cleaning and washing, so look for all the things that make life easier for you in maintaining the hygiene of your dog’s bedding.